Pages

Tuesday 15 May 2012

The Door into Summer

Typical. I get ready to write about how summer finally seems to have arrived and it starts pissing it down outside. I really need to get back to work on WFTD. I completed a first draft of Part 1 over a week ago, but I’ve not written a thing since. I’ve been decorating mostly. Painting doors. Lots of doors.

But it’s not so bad. I often find it useful to take a short break from something I’m working on so I can go back to it with fresh eyes. And then I look at it again and I think ‘oh god, this is awful’.

There were a couple of ducks in the garden yesterday. They were here all morning. They had a few slices of bread before settling down to sleep on the lawn. They shat everywhere. Bloody ducks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.