Pages

Thursday 17 May 2012

Now Playing: The Fall of Max Payne

I played Max Payne when it was released in 2001, but I never picked up the sequel until a few years ago in a sale. It’s been sitting in my substantial backlog of games ever since, something I’m making a determined effort to whittle down this year.


The bullet-time mechanics are still good fun. It’s kind of refreshing to play a third person shooter again that doesn’t revolve around conveniently placed chest high walls. Gripes? I recall disliking the dream sequences in Max Payne and I still dislike them here. It’s also a little on the short side.

But other than that, Max Payne 2 has aged pretty well. It’s still an enjoyable third person shooter and well worth your time. I’ll certainly be keeping an eye on the upcoming Max Payne 3.

7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.