Pages

Thursday 3 May 2012

Work in Progress: WFTD

So I’m working on a new novel. WFTD. No, that’s not the real title. That’s an abbreviation of the title. Did I say new? Actually, it’s not that new. It began life a few years ago when I thought I’d try my hand at an adult horror sci-fi. I wrote about thirty pages and stopped. I liked the setting, the general story and the characters…but it just didn’t seem to work.

So I scrapped it, but I didn’t forget about it. And now, I’ve decided to rework the setting and the basic plot into a YA dystopian sci-fi horror mix-up extravaganza! I’m about 20k words in, and I think it works this time. At least I hope it does.

So WTFD is coming along. I hope to have the first part in some sort of state of polish by the end of the week. Then I’ve got to draft a rough outline for the next two parts. I’m hoping to have a complete first draft done within a month or two, but I’ve got some other work coming up that’s probably going to keep me busy real soon, so we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.