Pages

Sunday 3 June 2012

The Forever War

You know, it’s really hard to clear a backlog when you just can’t stop adding to it. Most recently, Dead Space 1 & 2 went onto the pile, followed by Metro 2033 and Thief 1 & 2, which were recently re-released on Steam. I’ve already played Thief 2 (in fact, I think I still have a boxed copy hidden somewhere) but it was so long ago that I really need to go through it again. Plus the first game, which I’ve never actually played, and then Deadly Shadows, which I’ve played a few times but never finished.

I also recently got a beta invite for Global Offensive. I didn’t much like it at first, but it quickly grew on me, and I’ve gotten pretty hooked in. I never played the original Counter-Strike much, I spent most of my time with the Source version, although I’ve still only clocked about 45 hours since I got the game as part of the Half-Life 2 package in 2004. It’s one of those games I play in short bursts occasionally. I do okay, not great, but I’ve been doing surprisingly well at GO, so maybe that’s why I like it so much.

So I’ve got plenty to play. The question is, what next? In unrelated duck related news, one of the buggers has now discovered the window looking into the room where I write and has taken to staring at me through it until I feed him. It’s unsettling, I tell you. I think I might be developing Anatidaephobia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.