Pages

Tuesday 5 June 2012

Now Playing: Ben & Dan! & Monkey Island

You know, I used to like the old text adventures a lot but as the genre evolved I kind of lost interest. But I picked up these two games in sale bundles and gave them both a shot anyway.

Ben There, Dan That! is okay. It’s short, but fairly amusing in places. I used a guide for a lot of it because I’ve never had a lot of patience for games like this, but that didn’t detract from my enjoyment. And my enjoyment was largely thanks to the dialogue between the two characters.

6/10



The Secret of Monkey Island is also pretty good. I did play this years ago but never finished it, so it was good to go back and see how things developed. I like how this edition has its own hint system built in to give you a nudge in the right direction if you need it.

There’s quite a bit of funny stuff, dialogue and scenes that kept me amused. I thought it was pretty cool being able to switch between the original and the remastered versions at will, and seeing the comparison.

7/10


I’ve got the sequel for both of these games to play too, but those will have to wait as I move onto other things. Darker, sneakier things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.