Pages

Tuesday 5 May 2015

Suburban Killbot Year 3

So that Skyrim Mod Store was pulled pretty fast, but I doubt we’ve seen the last of it. This experiment may have failed, but I suspect it shall return in one form or another in the future. I’m not against the notion of paid mods in principle, but it’s the implementation of such a system that’s key. The Skyrim Mod Store was thrust upon an established community with zero warning, little explanation and, with apparently very little thought. I’m amazed that anybody at Valve or Bethesda believed this was the best way to go about it. But like I said, I don’t think this is the last we’ll hear of it.

Anyway, this post isn’t meant to be about that, but about another year of Suburban Killbot! It’s taken 3 years but I think I’ve finally settled into a format that I like in terms of variety of posts and post length. I’ve been a bit short on writing related posts this year, but I hope that will change when my new book goes out to publishers in June. I’m also thinking about expanding into video content. In the next few days I’m finally getting my Internet upgraded to the point where uploading videos is now feasible, and putting up a few raw gameplay videos might be fun. I’m not really interested in doing commentary, cams or video reviews though – too much work!

I’ll be doing a free e-book promotion soon, certainly before the end of the month. I’ve also got a GTA V review I’m working on. I don’t typically draft or spend that much time on my reviews, but with a game as extensive as GTA V, it’s hard not to. I hope to have that wrapped up before The Witcher 3 is released.

So, as I’ve been doing in these posts, it’s time for the expanded mosaic of all the top-rated games I’ve covered on the blog.


I’m no longer sure how many games I’ve played and covered since I started all this, but I know it’s quite a lot. And this might be the last mosaic I do. It’s getting rather big.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.