Pages

Saturday 7 January 2017

Steam Winter Sale: Damage Report


A small selection, but plenty to get stuck into. No Man’s Sky is a title I’ve been following for some time, but sensibly decided to wait for a discount. Is it truly the worst game ever? Spoiler: It’s not! I’ve actually already played it and have a review drafted. It’s the longest review I’ve written for some time. I won’t spoil what score I gave it though.

Despite Dishonored being one of my favourite games of the last few years, I can’t say I was too excited about its sequel. It just didn’t feel like a game that really needed a sequel. Like Dragon Age: Origins. I didn’t really think that needed a sequel either and look how that turned out.

But hey, I can’t not at least give Dishonored 2 a shot. Hopefully some of the patches have fixed its many reported release issues. I’ll probably play this last, just to give a little more time for further patches to fix anything that’s still broken.

INSIDE is a title I’ve only heard positive things about. It’s from the same developers of Limbo, which I thought was okay, but nothing particularly special. I hope INSIDE is a step up. This was actually a gift from a friend, but that doesn’t mean I’m going to be nice about it.

And finally we have Watch_Dogs 2. I’m probably one of only five people in the world who liked Aidan Pearce, so I thought it was a shame he wouldn’t be returning for the sequel. That said, I’m totally open to a new setting, new characters and a new story. I thought the original was pretty great, so I hope this is as good, if not better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.