Pages

Thursday 18 May 2017

Work in Progress: DOTJ

DOTJ is finally complete. I actually finished it a couple of weeks ago but I’m a little behind on updating the blog. I’m fairly pleased with it, I think. It’s always hard to judge your own work. It helps to step away for a few weeks and forget about it. It will probably need some more love, but I think it’s in pretty good shape as it is.

It was one of the most difficult novels to write that I’ve worked on, but that was more to do with how stop-start the process was. Although I began working on it back in July 2015, I didn’t really get stuck fully into writing it until towards the end of 2016/early 2017 because the project kept being put on hold.

DOTJ is technically a prequel to my other project QOTTS, but it’s only a very loose relation. But it does share a similar tone, style and theme. It’s something I’d like to expand and explore in the future. The same world, but with an entirely new character and setting.

The question is – what now? DOTJ will eventually go out on submission to publishers, but that’s a lengthy process and I need new projects to keep me busy. I’ve got so much older work slowly rotting away that I really want to do something with. I’m looking at releasing some more e-books later in the year depending on how things go.

As for new stuff, I really don’t know. I’ve got odd ideas, but nothing fleshed out, so I guess I could try putting together some rough outlines and see if anything sticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.