Pages

Friday 1 September 2017

Suburban Killbot: YouTube Update

In January 2016 I set up the Suburban Killbot YouTube Channel, but I didn’t invest a great deal of time or effort into it. But I’ve always wanted to do more with it, it was just a question of what I wanted to do, if I could do it and if I had the time.

And that’s what I’ve spent the last few weeks figuring out. I’ve decided that in addition to raw gameplay videos, I’ll begin a trial of commentated Let’s Play videos. I’ll begin with Total War: Warhammer campaigns, the first of which will be based on the latest DLC – Norsca. I’ll also be doing some shorter instructional videos such as battlefield tips and tricks and unit showcases.

I’m also planning to transfer blog content into video content. I’ll still be doing my regular written posts of game reviews and impressions, but I’ll also be creating video versions too. I may also do video film reviews, but that’s currently undecided. My time is limited, so I have to pick and choose what I want to focus on very carefully.

I want to keep quality high, so don’t expect more than a couple of videos per week. Raw and commentated gameplay will obviously be quicker to upload than video reviews which will take more time to produce and edit.

I don’t really expect the channel to take off and generate a dizzying amount of traffic, but we’ll see how it goes. I’ve already begun recording my first campaign and I’ve found that commentating as I play adds an interesting and enjoyable dynamic to the experience.

But I don’t want to throw myself in too heavily and burn out. I’ll be taking it slow, seeing how things progress and try to find a nice balance with all the other stuff I have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.